Human resources management certificate program is designed to give students a well-rounded foundational knowledge of the most critical issues facing human resources professionals today.
The objectives of the Certificate in Human Resource Management program are to provide:
- Working professionals an opportunity to experience college level study without committing to a full degree program;
- Academic experience and a credential in a given discipline;
- Practical knowledge with an understanding of the integrated nature of business functions;
- The opportunity to explore the issues that characterize the contemporary business environment; and
- The option of pursuing a business administration degree at Frederick Taylor University upon successful completion of the program.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Human Resource Management program, the students will be able to:
- Understand the basic functions and responsibilities of human resource management;
- Identify, evaluate, and provide solutions to problems relevant to human resource management;
- Demonstrate critical thinking and employ an ethical approach in HR management planning;
- Develop HR strategies to aid in HR planning and decision making processes.
|Admission Requirements||Admissions Application|
|Application / Registration Fee|
|Proof of Graduation: All applicants must provide proof of completion of high school or GED.|
|Interview: All applicants must participate in a brief interview with one of the following staff members: Director of Admissions, Director of Student Services, Chief Academic Officer, or Department Chair.|
|Personal Identification: All applicants are required to submit a copy of personal identification such as a State driver’s license, government issued identification card, passport, visas, or any government issued photo identification.|
|Completion Requirements||Successful completion of 10 semester units (160 clock hours) of study is required. The normal time necessary to complete the program is 8 months.|
|Coursework Requirements||CBM 201 Introduction to Business Management, 5 units (80 clock hours)
CEM 260 Human Resources Management, 5 units (80 clock hours)
|Career Opportunities||43-4160 Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping, 43-4161 Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping, 43-4171 Appointment Clerks, 43-6011 Administrative Assistants, Executive, 43-6014 Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive, 43-9060 Office Clerks, General, 43-9061 Office Assistants, 43-9000 Other Office and Administrative Support Workers, 43-9199 Office Support Workers, All Other|