Employees with expertise in financial accounting inform and drive some of the most critical decisions impacting any business organization. Also a solid foundation in finance is required of any entrepreneur. This certificate program will develop students’ expertise in financial accounting. Students can use the program for continuing education, professional advancement, or simply to broaden their business acumen.
The objectives of the Certificate in Financial Accounting program are to provide:
- Working professionals an opportunity to experience college level study without committing to a full degree program;
- Academic experience and a credential in a given discipline;
- Practical knowledge with an understanding of the integrated nature of business functions;
- The opportunity to explore the issues that characterize the contemporary business environment; and
- The option of pursuing a business administration degree at Frederick Taylor University upon successful completion of the program.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Financial Accounting program, the students will be able to:
- Prepare and understand basic financial statements;
- Use accounting information to make informed decisions about the internal operation;
- Use accounting software;
- Identify personal financial issues of individuals.
|Admission Requirements||Admissions Application|
|Application / Registration Fee|
|Proof of Graduation: All applicants must provide proof of completion of high school or GED.|
|Interview: All applicants must participate in a brief interview with one of the following staff members: Director of Admissions, Director of Student Services, Chief Academic Officer, or Department Chair.|
|Personal Identification: All applicants are required to submit a copy of personal identification such as a State driver’s license, government issued identification card, passport, visas, or any government issued photo identification.|
|Completion Requirements||Successful completion of 10 semester units (160 clock hours) of study is required. The normal time necessary to complete the program is 8 months.|
|Coursework Requirements||CBM 201 Introduction to Business Management, 5 units (80 clock hours)
CBA 225 Accounting, 5 units (80 clock hours)
|Career Opportunities||43-3031 Accounting Clerks, 43-4171 Appointment Clerks, 43-6011 Administrative Assistants, Executive, 43-6014 Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive, 43-9060 Office Clerks, General, 43-9061 Office Assistants, 43-9000 Other Office and Administrative Support Workers, 43-9199 Office Support Workers, All Other|